George Murray (1875-1933) was born in Blairgowrie, the son of W A M Murray, cabinet maker. He was a painter and designer specialising in decorative painting and mosaics. He also painted landscapes in Scotland, Italy and Spain, portraits and figure compositions in watercolour and oil. He trained at Edinburgh College of Art and the Royal College of Art.
George was one of the group of artists called ‘The Blairgowrie Boys’.