This handsome rubble built, hump-backed bridge spans the Shee Water a short distance above its confluence with the tributary Allt a’ Glinne Bhig, where the two streams combine to become the Shee Water. The bridge was built in 1749 under the supervision of Major William Caulfield as part of the military road linking Coupar Angus and Fort George, at a cost of £49.00. Bridges such as this were built by local stonemasons using a wooden framework arch which was removed once the structure was complete. This remarkable structure carried all the traffic between Blairgowrie and Braemar for some 250 years until replaced by the modern Clan McThomas Bridge a short distance to the south.