Between Westerton of Runevay and Invereddrie the Cateran Trail passes around the grounds of Glenshee Lodge. Timothy Pont’s map of c.1595 marks a significant house or settlement at this location by the name of Ruy na Vey. By the end of the 18th century there was a substantial mansion or shooting lodge recorded on maps as Runavey. The present house, a shooting lodge probably built on the site of the earlier house, is noteworthy for being one of the earliest houses in Scotland to have been built using concrete, rather than traditional materials. Renamed Glenshee Lodge, the house is home to the Compass Christian Centre, founded in 1967, which provides for outdoor activities.