On its way down Glenisla the Cateran Way passes very close to Kilry Lodge, a little to the north of Bridge of Craigisla. This picturesquely situated and attractively styled white harled house, dating from 1868, is typical of the many shooting lodges built by wealthy Victorian families as Highland retreats where they could enjoy the sporting season, whether shooting or fishing. When the family was not in residence, these lodges were frequently let to shooting parties. Thus, Kilry Lodge was advertised in Robert Hall’s ‘The Highland Sportsman and Tourist’ (1886), in which it is described as having “…a dining room, drawing room, 6 bedrooms, servants’ hall, butler’s pantry, bathroom, kitchen etc. … hot and cold water throughout the house … [with] ample stabling [and] a good garden. The shootings extend to about 3,000 acres, of which 400 acres acre low ground, the remainder being excellent grouse moor, and should yield 300 to 400 brace of grouse, besides, partridges, hares etc.”.